Welcome Mr. Poole!

I wanted to dedicate my blog this week to introduce an exciting new member of our team.  Starting Thursday March 7th, my student teacher Mr. Nick Poole will be joining us.  The students got a chance to meet Mr. Poole today as he came to do an observation visit this morning.  He will be at Prairieview from next week until the beginning of May.  We are so thrilled to have him here.  Mr. Poole comes to us from Eastern Illinois University and is originally from Naperville.  He is studying Special Education and will finish his high school placement next week before he starts here.  You may see him around a lot as he will shadow me and eventually assume my duties under my supervision and direction.  He will get the opportunity to sit in on and learn from the IEP meetings that are coming up, conferences, etc. If you are uncomfortable with him being present, please let me know and we can arrange that he not attend.  However, it is a great learning opportunity for him.  He seems very eager to learn and dive right in to the teaching so your students are in great hands.  Any questions, feel free to let me know!

Have a fabulous weekend!