Mrs. Forsman's Findings... The Adventures of a Teacher/Mom (or as my daughter Ella lovingly calls me - Miss Princess Mommypants)!  


LUSH Life
Many of you may not know, but I have recently taken on a second job at the Oakbrook LUSH store (inside Macy's).  I certainly do understand the difficulty of finding a work/life balance and devoting adequate time to all of the things/people that you love and care about.  I try to remember to live each day to the fullest - to live a lush life.  Keeping that in mind this week, I encourage you to set aside some time each day for your student(s).  It may only be 5-10 minutes depending on your day.  Check their assignment book - it is a great starting off point about their day.  Let that time be quality time - use it to read with your student or practice oral responses to questions you have about their day.  Make the questions count, make them meaningful and open ended.  Tell me about your day...  What were you most proud of today and why?  If you could go back and do today differently what would you have done?  or... what will you do better tomorrow?  

Some days I do not see my children at all from the time I leave for Prairieview in the morning until the following morning when they wake up.  I know that not all families have time to set aside.  In this case perhaps a quick text or note for your student to read.  A note in their lunchbox is a darling way to show you care and are proud of their school achievements. 

Our students are blessed with outstandingly supportive and loving family units.  You juggle so much from day to day.  We see the love in your students' eyes and ask you to keep up the great work!  Your child's education is a team effort and doesn't run without you!  Have a great weekend enjoying your loved ones!