End of the Year Already!

I cannot believe the time has gone by so quickly and that this is my last blog entry of the 2012-2013 school year.  It has been a pleasure working with each and every one of your students.  They have all come a long way and I am proud to send them off to 4th grade in the fall.  They are not allowed to be strangers.  I expect visits and waves in the hallway in the years to come. :)  My ex-students never disappoint me in that way.  

This is the first year that my students will be graduating Lakeview since I started teaching at Prairieview.  I cannot wait to see them in their caps and gowns and see all of my students graduate in the years to come.  It is so rewarding for me.  Every year I take a class picture of my students for my "Wall of Fame" and this year (on pinterest of course) I found an idea to have each student pose with a sign that indicates their future career choice.  This year's group picked really interesting and appropriate jobs.  It will be great to see years later if those dreams had indeed come true.  Best of wishes to you all and please know that though the students are moving on, my door (and e-mail inbox) is always open!  Keep in touch!  I love hearing of the success my students make in their lives.

In case you are wondering... :)  to keep up the great work that your students did all year, please have them keep a writing journal, read 20 minutes a day, and practice their math facts!

Above all else, HAVE FUN!