Can you feel the love?

Here at Prairieview, we like to think that we are one big, happy family!  As we near the Valentine's Day holiday, this is a great chance to talk to your students about kindness and respect.  Respectfulness is one of our 3 PBIS expectations here at school and the best way for students to exhibit that behavior is to continue practicing it at home and in their community.  Try to plan a family fun day over the weekend - better yet... plan a charitable or service activity and do it as a family.  What a great way to lead by example!  You can make Valentine's for our armed forces, veteran's, or elderly.  You can donate toys and clothing to children - especially outerwear during this time of year.  The students may just enjoy putting sweet notes in the neighbors' mailboxes or making a goal of how many compliments they can give the next day.  As I say often, I am proud to be an alumnus of this district and a teacher here too.  It is with triple pride that I now can say I'm a parent in our district as well with Ella joining our 4 year old preschool in the fall.  I care so much for my students, my colleagues, the parents of our students, and our community.  Let's all pay it forward this Valentine's Day!