What's in the Forsman Future?

Spelling

The classrooms are starting the year off with a back to school list of spelling words. The routine is that we take a pretest on Mondays and if your student misses 2 words or less they are on the challenge list for the week. They receive different homework and do not have to take the Friday posttest because their initial score will count for that. If your student misses 3 or more words on the pretest they study that list and receive a chance to improve their score on Friday's posttest. They will be assigned homework on Monday as well. All homework (challenge or not) is due on Friday. My spelling class will start with me on September 6th. We do the exact same words and procedure as the other 3rd grade classrooms.


Reading

Like with Spelling, my Reading class will start with me on September 6th. The entire 3rd grade will be starting the year off with "Recipe for Success" this coming week and the week following we all begin the Reading curriculum by teaching the strategies for good comprehension. If your student is in my Reading class, we will be following the third grade curriculum just like all the other rooms, but you will want to check this blog for notes and other information pertinent to my class specifically.


Math

Math classes will start on September 1st (next Thursday). All 3rd graders switch classrooms for math and this year I am co-teaching with Miss Stetka. We will share more of how this will look at curriculum night.


English

English classes for Miss Conley and Mrs. Csorba will start this coming MOnday with Chapter one in our English Grammar textbook. These are the classrooms that I will service, check in on, etc. I will be working directly with certain students in my classroom at this time for the writing units only.


If you have any questions about when or how your student will receive services feel free to contact me anytime! I look forward to working with each of your students and have enjoyed meeting them already!


Tune in next Friday for more Forsman Fun!